BIG ANNOUNCEMENT – Raise the most money for the Homeward Walk|Run and WIN a $300 for VIA Rail Canada! Contest details found below.
We want to make it our best Walk|Run yet, and we need your help to make it happen. Spread the word and collect donations to help us reach our goal!
Every dollar raised for the Homeward Walk|Run will support the programs and services run by the partner agencies to move youth from high-risk situations to positive futures. Read more about the cause to find out where your fundraising dollars are making an impact in our community.
The single person (not team) raising the most money for the Homeward Walk|Run, as received on the fundraising portal by 10am on June 18, 2017, will be deemed the winner. The winner will receive a $300 travel voucher for VIA Rail Canada. The voucher must be used based on the regulations provided by VIA Rail Canada. Regulations will be provided with the travel voucher. The winner will be announced at the event, post race, on June 18, 2017. The winner does not need to be in attendance to win. If the winner is not in attendance, Homeward Trust will contact the winner the following week.
Contest Fundraising Tips
Here are some quick tips to help you raise money for ending youth homelessness in Edmonton.
Tip: Stay up to date and spread the word by using the #homewardwalkrun hashtag on social media.
Tip: Use the image below to share your participation with your friends on social media.
Personalize Your Fundraising Page
Personalize your fundraising portal with your goal and the reasons you’re running and then share it with your friends and family.
Posters & Handbills
If you’d like event posters or handbills to share with your coworkers or while fundraising, please contact us and we’ll help get some of these in your hands.
- Link your fundraising page in a status update and let all of your friends and followers know that you’re running to end youth homelessness!
- When someone donates to you, tag them in a new status update and give them a huge thank you.
- Go to the Homeward Trust Facebook page and click “attending” on the walk|run event invite, then share the event with your friends.
- Like Homeward Trust on Facebook and share the posts about the walk|run to let others know that the event is taking place.
- Share an update that you’ll be participating in the walk|run event and share your fundraising page.
- Follow Homeward Trust at @homewardtrust.
- Mention us at @homewardtrust and we’ll respond, retweet, and like your comment. We love to connect!
- Use the event hashtag #homewardwalkrun.
- Mention any of the partner agencies and give them and their hard work some love. You can find them at @YESSorg @iHumanYouth @YEGjohnhoward @e4cAlberta.
- Follow us at @homewardtrust.
- Tag us in your photos – views from your training runs, photos of the shoes you’ll be running in, race package, run kit, and day-of…we want to see all of your photos!
- Share a photo with your followers and let them know you’re participating in the walk|run and why. Let them know you are fundraising to help end youth homelessness!