Spread the word and collect donations to help us reach our goal!
Every dollar raised for the Homeward Walk|Run will support the programs and services run by the partner agencies to move youth from high-risk situations to positive futures. Read more about the cause to find out where your fundraising dollars are making an impact in our community. Donations of $20 or more are eligible for a tax receipt. Tax receipts will be issued by e4c post event via mail.
2018 Top 15 Fundraisers
- Susan McGee – $2,515.00
- Kimberly Riczu – $2,240.00
- Edmonton John Howard Society – $1,534.25
- Clark Builders – $750.00
- Matthew Ward – $700.00
- Team Kyler – $655.00
- Selena Arcovio – $545.00
- Heather LaRose – $515.00
- Hannah Weir – $400.00
- Janine Tremblay – $395.00
- Homeward Trust Dream Team – $360.85
- Pepper & Paprikash – $292.00
- Guy Smith – $250.00
- Melanie Goodwin – $210.00
- Desiree Alzoudi – $200.00
There are two categories for top fundraisers:
- Top Team Fundraisers – Prize: Pool Party at Metro Billiards Club
- Top Individual Fundraiser – Prize: Eskimos Ticket Pack
Winners will be chosen using the fundraising portal the morning of the event and prizes will be awarded onsite.
Here are some quick tips to help you raise money for ending youth homelessness in Edmonton.
Tip: Set a goal.
Tip: Add @HomewardTrust on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date on all things Homeward Walk|Run.
Tip: Spread the word by using the #homewardwalkrun hashtag on all social media.
Tip: Check the website for images to share with your friends and family.
Tip: Start a team.
Tip: Explain to your family, friends and co-workers why ending homelessness is important to you.
Tip: Remind people of that time you donated to their thing.
Personalize Your Fundraising Page
We are excited to provide you with your own personal fundraising portal through our registration site. Once you’ve registered you can create your own fundraising page where you can add photos, update your goal and share the reasons you’re participating in the Homeward|Walk Run with your friends and family. On the portal you can keep track of everyone that is donating to you, how close you are to your goal and all the awesome messages of encouragement from your friends. This portal also comes with custom links and social media tools to help you share your goal with your network.
Posters & Handbills
If you’d like event posters or handbills to share with your networks, please contact Janine and we’ll help get some of these in your hands.
- Link your fundraising page in a status update and let all of your friends and followers know that you’re running to end youth homelessness!
- When someone donates to you, tag them in a new status update and give them a huge thank you.
- Go to the Homeward Trust Facebook page and click “attending” on the walk|run event invite, then share the event with your friends.
- Like Homeward Trust on Facebook and share the posts about the walk|run to let others know that the event is taking place.
- Share an update that you’ll be participating in the walk|run event and share your fundraising page.
- Follow Homeward Trust at @homewardtrust.
- Mention us at @homewardtrust and we’ll respond, retweet, and like your comment. We love to connect!
- Use the event hashtag #homewardwalkrun.
- Mention any of the partner agencies and give them and their hard work some love. You can find them at @YESSorg @iHumanYouth @YEGjohnhoward @e4cAlberta.
- Follow us at @homewardtrust.
- Tag us in your photos – views from your training runs, photos of the shoes you’ll be running in, race package, run kit, and day-of…we want to see all of your photos!
- Share a photo with your followers and let them know you’re participating in the walk|run and why. Let them know you are fundraising to help end youth homelessness!